- Welcome to the very solution to all of the issues of setting up a server for Windows. I'm very happy to bring this to you as it will save an ASTOUNDING amount of time for new folks trying to get setup and rolling with their own EQEmu Server.
- It takes all of the guess work and footwork out of configuring a completely working EQEmu server and it will have you going within minutes...
- Windows 7 - x64
- Windows 8 - x64
- Windows Server 2012 - x64
- This is a from-scratch install of the EQEmu Server, this is assuming you don't have any of the pre-requisites installed (MySQL/MariaDB and Perl)
- YOU NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO RUN THIS INSTALLER
- After installed, you don't need an internet connection
§What's in the Installer (Windows)
- 2-10 minute automated EQEmu Server Install
- Perl 5.12.3
- Perl DBI module also installed automatically
- MariaDB x64 10.0.0 - Optimized MySQL configuration
- Heidi SQL (Comes with MariaDB)
- Latest PEQ Database and automatically updated with the installer
- Latest PEQ Quests
- Latest Plugins repository
- Visual Studio runtimes (For the server executables)
- Automatically added Firewall rules
- New Map formats are loaded
- New Path files are loaded
- LUA Configured
- Optimized and latest server binaries (Stable)
- â€‹The server is configured to use the EQEmu Public Loginserver
- You can also install a local loginserver for LAN play
§From-Scratch Installation Instructions (Windows)â€‹
- Once again, this is assuming you have absolutely nothing installed and you want to get a server up and running.
|1. First you will need to download the starter files that will kick off the installation process|
2. Once you have the files downloaded, you need to make a folder somewhere that you would like your server to reside, the place I chose is C:\EQEmuServer
3. Extract the files inside eqemu_installer_files.zip to this folder
4. Once extracted, right click eqemu_install.bat and "Run as Administrator", from this point on the entire install will be automated and run on its own, this is assuming you have an internet connection so the installer can pull down all of the necessary server assets
As the installer runs, you will see the following get installed:
When the installation process is done running, you will see "press any key to continue" once the final step of adding firewall rules has been complete that's when everything should be installed and ready to go.
Change your server name in eqemu_config.xml, shortname/longname is currently set to:
At this point you can use:
You are good to go!
§Installing a Loginserver (Windows)â€‹
- I've finally made a loginserver installation process as convenient and seamless as possible
- With the installer, the loginserver is already installed, however if you need to install it, here is the instructions:
- To install:
- Run eqemu_update.pl script in the server directory (As administrator if you can)
- Choose option 13, which will perfrom "Windows Server Loginserver Setup"
- This will pull down the loginserver and login.ini automatically configured for the installer
- Keep in mind, that the loginserver is setup for convenient LAN purposes, so that you can use your EverQuest client to login to the Loginserver, if you don't have a Loginserver account created, it will use the username and password you typed in trying to login and automatically create an account which you can use from then on out via the login.ini option "auto_create_accounts"
auto_create_accounts = TRUE
- The installer is configured to connect to the EQEmu Public loginserver and the local loginserver that you may or may not use, so you can use both methods of logging into your server that way as you choose. How you use your server is up to you and your desires
§Setting up the Loginserver for Local LAN
- Now, assuming you've had all of the above done, you may need to do a little manual work to configure some of your network settings to get your server to properly show up.
- First you will need to get your local LAN IP
- Open up 'cmd' by going to Start and typing in 'cmd'
- Type the command:
- You will need to use this address in all of the following files
Uncomment the address tag and put the local LAN IP
All EverQuest Clients on the local network will need this entry: (eqhost.txt)
Restart your server using t_start_server_with_login_server and you should be good to go!
Connect using your game client and you should see: